Monday, January 14, 2008

Insomnia

From Wikipedia:

"Insomnia is a sleeping disorder characterized by persistent difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep despite the opportunity. It is typically followed by functional impairment while awake. Insomniacs have been known to complain about being unable to close their eyes or "rest their mind" for more than a few minutes at a time. Both organic and non-organic insomnia constitute a sleep disorder.[1][2]

According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, approximately 60 million Americans suffer from insomnia each year.[3] Insomnia tends to increase with age and affects about 40 percent of women and 30 percent of men.[4]"

I sleep very little these days - for the most part I have not slept for the last 4-5 months now. My eyes do burn during most of the day - I feel like a zombie. My thoughts and head do not shut-off throughout the day or evening. Between my work - and always thinking about what needs to be done next, to a lot of emotional things I'm dealing with right now. It never seems to stop. Most of the time I just lay there doing nothing but thinking about everything. Being slightly exhausted is an understatement. Last night I drew in my room till almost 5am this morning then fell asleep for a briefly - and back in to my zombie like state.

A few more months of really hard work, then I'm taking a break and doing something for myself.

No comments: